Thursday, May 03, 2007

Welcome Brian!

Brian Joaquín Reveles was FINALLY born born April 30, 2007 at 11:44 PM! He weighed 8 lbs and 2 ounces and was 20.5 inches long.
Labor was over 16 hours long! When we arrived at the hospital at 8 AM, we believed that I was in labor, contracting on my own every few minutes. It got rather intense and we begged for the epidural ASAP, remembering that my last labor had happened so quickly and I had lost any chance of an epidural. It wasn't until a half hour after the epidural was started that they checked me and discovered I wasn't dilating at ALL! Unbelievable. The day was VERY long, but JC and Liz were wonderfully supportive and helpful to me. Towards the end, we feared the worst as we watched the baby's heart beat drop with each contraction, just enough to keep everyone on edge and concerned. That (and lots of prayers!) gave me the strength I needed to push him out super fast when the time came though! Dr Chen explained later that the cord had been wrapped around his shoulder/chest area, so with each contraction it tightened around him. We feel VERY blessed that Brian was born beautiful and perfectly healthy, without any problems at all.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think if it wasn't for the cord, Brian would had came out much qicker as we anticipated. Probably before noon. Anyway, I am so thankful that everything went great once Brian dropped.

Alli & Miah Alcorn said...

CONGRATULATIONS on another beautiful boy!!! I know you guys are all so excited, and we have been praying for you guys!!! I absolutely love his name too!!!!